A career in bartending is slowly gaining momentum in India and hence lot of bartending institutes and bar schools are mushrooming to fill the gap in bartending education. Whilst some may be focused on education, many are factories where the quality of education of often ignored specially due to faculty with lack of industry experience and hence content.
How to choose a Bartending School ?
- Look at the faculty and their experience to ensure the right mentors.
- Look at the infrastructure, a functional bar, equipment's, learning environment etc.
- Look at the course relevance and practical aspect.
-Look for real reviews, speak to ex-students to get a true feedback
- Don't look for low fees. You do a bar course once, so please don't cut corners.
- Don't look at earning money during the course. You are there to study.
- Don't look at the duration but look at the content
- Don't get lured into Flair Bartending, the industry relevance is low however fancy it may look. It is a nice skill but not mandatory in the industry
- Don't look at whether it is a degree or a diploma or a certificate in bartending as institutes can award the same as per their liking.
At The Happy High Bartending institute, we aim to groom beginners and get them job ready with content that is relevant for today's bars. We will look at getting the basics right in terms of spirits knowledge, wine tasting techniques, cocktail styles and cocktail making apart from getting the core of customer service and Bartender's personality right. Whilst Flair Bartending is what many beginners aspire to learn, we feel that the skill is not relevant for bars in India and abroad for now. Hence Fire Flair etc will be out of purview in this course but for basic work flair.
Check the below link for more details on our bartending institute in Ghatkopar, Mumbai.